Physical Network Security
According to a 2015 data breach study, the average consolidated total cost of a data breach is $3.8 million – that’s a 23% increase since 2013! If your telecom patch-panels, switches, or other network devices are not physically secured, your network and data are at risk! One of the simplest and least costly methods to mitigate physical security vulnerabilities of your network is through the proper installation of security-designed wall or rack mount enclosures and cabinets.
Our customer required a partner that could manage and execute a deployment solution to survey and install secure 12U and 26U wall-mount IT cabinets in each of their 500 + retail locations across the United States within a 4 month period.
As with any project completed by TDX Tech, it’s not successful without the leadership and technical knowledge of our project managers. Our on-staff project managers worked around the clock to manage technician scheduling, support, client requests & expectations and hardware vendors to successfully complete this project on time and on budget. Ensuring every detail of this project is tracked and appropriate action taken was critical to ensuring minimal interruption to our customer’s business.
Our nationwide Deployment of skilled technicians proved once again why numerous customers continue to build long-term partnerships with TDX. All of the on-site services were completed before store opening or after store close, including numerous weekend installations. Moving from two open wall-mount IT racks to an enclosed wall-mount IT cabinet had many critical and unique scenarios to address prior to the installation, including but not limited to:
- Site-surveys to assess areas at-risk per store
- Assessment (power, cable lengths, size, wall structure, fire codes, etc.) of proposed install location of new IT cabinet
- Re-cabling to accommodate device placement
- Backboard and conduit installations
- Migration of critical network devices to secure enclosures
- Full network and equipment testing after installation
- Consistent, high quality nationwide service
- Installation of security-designed wall or rack-mount enclosures
- Project planning/management for all locations
By utilizing the capabilities of our proprietary web-based software solution, WebTrax, our customer had (and continues to have) access to site survey and installation information; including real-time deployment notes, installation pictures, and signed on-site service work orders for every store. Additionally, automated reports were sent twice a day to the customer, ensuring the all team members were always in sync. With such a dynamic project these reports highlighted changes for our Customer enabling them to quickly take action on such things as:
- Survey and Installation date changes
- Requirements (i.e. electrical) requiring customer construction/facilities
- Special IT cabinet size requirements due to space restrictions
- Post-Install follow up requirements and suggestions for customer
The network equipment at every store is now installed in a locked IT cabinet. Our Customer didn’t wait until it was too late to provide a level of physical network security at every store and, with TDX’s help, it was completed in a timely manner.
We’ve Got Solutions!
Call TDX Tech Today at 888-777-0534 or www.tdxtech.com